Why is it people are so afraid of Fat??? Fat is not the problem in our diets. Fat not only gives us a great deal of energy but it is required in order for the body to absorb other important nutrients. Low fat just means added sugar; sugar is the real problem. I am not talking about natural sugars from fruits, but table sugar, sugar in fruit juices, pop (who seriously drinks pop?), pasta's, processed foods etc.
There is so much information out there on what is good for you and what isn't, so here are my tips to living a healthy life, no matter what your goal is:
- Avoid sugar (sugar is more addictive then heroin, true fact) - this includes sugar in dairy products (cheese, milk, yogurts)
- Eat full fat foods - stop buying "low fat"
- eat every 2-3 hours
- Eat protein throughout the day
- Eat vegetables at every meal
- mix up your snacks - have fruit one day, healthy fats with a veggie the next, protein the following day (you need to confuse it to lose it)
- If its fake - big mistake
- If you want a treat then you need to make it yourself
- Drink lots of water