- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Sea salt
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot, brown the ground beef on high heat and season with a pinch of sea salt. Drain the fat if any, reduce the heat to medium, and add the peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, oregano, and black pepper. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir in the brown rice and parsley, and add salt and pepper if needed.
I made mine in the morning and let it simmer on low all day. Delicious and so easy!