Morning Glory Muffins is the new recipe this week. I was looking for a different quick, relatively healthy snack option for my kids but one they would look forward to. Sadly, this is not it. Probably due to my modifications. haha
- toss 1 cup of grated carrots and grated apple with 1/3 cup chopped pecans and 1/3 cup coconut - I used unsweetened coconut
- whisk 1 cup of flour (we used almond flour and did 1/2 a cup); 1/2 cup of oatmeal (we did 1 full cup); 2 tsp baking powder; 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt
- stir into carrot mixture
- whisk 2 eggs with 1/2 cup each of canola oil and milk (we used almond milk)
- stir into carrot-flour mixture
- spoon batter into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 22 min